Information Referral Resources may help you with a variety of needs.

United Way 2-1-1 is an information referral resource for utility assistance, rental assistance, food assistance, legal services, affordable/free tax preparation, transportation, community health clinics, job assistance, clothing and more.

kidcentral tn is Tennessee’s one-stop shop for families to connect with important state information and resources.

Tennessee Disability Pathfinder offers a statewide database of services including everything from social service agencies to low income medical clinics to recreational programs. You may also call the helpline for assistance at 1-800-640-4636.

Tennessee Interagency Council on Homelessness Resource Listing offers a statewide list of primary and mental health care services, inclucing health departments, community health centers, faith based clinics, dental clinics and mental health services in each county. 

Local Community Action & Human Resource Agencies

Programs offered by the local human resource or community action agencies focus on providing short term assistance, like help paying for bills and basic needs, and long term self-sufficiency, such as job training. Funding is limited, and the services offered by each agency may differ. If you are struggling and need help in an emergency, then these non-profits may be an option for you.

Veterans Assistance

State of Tennessee Department of Veterans Services

Operation Stand Down Tennessee helps Veterans and their families by engaging, equipping, and empowering them. The organization offers a wide range of services, including employment assistance, VA benefits assistance, networking, housing, etc.

Resources for Older Adults & Persons with Disabilities

Area Agencies on Aging & Disability (AAAD)
Call 1-866-836-6678 from anywhere in the state to be automatically directed to your nearest Area Agency. Each area agency functions as a single point of entry to link older adults and adults with disabilities with services that may help improve independence and quality of life. AAADs provide free and objective counseling and assistance on Medicare, Medicaid and other related health insurance questions (“SHIP” program). The AAAD also administers the state-funded OPTIONS for Community Living program, which offers homemaker, personal care and home-delivered meals for eligible persons. You may also find your nearest Senior Center by calling the AAAD.

Legal Assistance

The Legal Aid Society in each regional area provides free assistance in civil law matters for low income individuals including foreclosure mitigation.

West Tennessee Legal Services serves Benton, Carroll, Chester, Crockett, Dyer, Decatur, Gibson, Hardeman, Hardin, Haywood, Henry, Henderson, Lake, McNairy, Madison, Obion, and Weakley counties.

Memphis Area Legal Services serves Fayette, Lauderdale, Shelby and Tipton counties.

Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee and the Cumberlands has eight offices that serve 48 Tennessee counties. Offices are in Clarksville, Columbia, Cookeville, Gallatin, Murfreesboro, Nashville, Oak Ridge and Tullahoma.

Other Legal Services organizations:

TALS connects vulnerable Tennesseans with civil legal help. Free Legal Helpline: 1-844-HELP4TN.

Tennessee Fair Housing Council a private, non-profit advocacy organization whose mission is to eliminate housing discrimination throughout Tennessee with an enforcement program is based in Nashville and concentrated in Davidson, Cheatham, Dickson, Rutherford, Sumner, Williamson and Wilson counties. Phone: 615-874-2344